Round-up: Hazard back, Conte says he trusts Chelsea youngster, good news for QPR, Bees out

first_img Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Embed from Getty ImagesAntonio Conte has confirmed that Eden Hazard is set to return to the Chelsea starting line-up for Wednesday’s EFL Cup match against Nottingham Forest.Hazard, who has not started a game for the Blues this season, has been eased back following ankle surgery.Chelsea boss Conte said: “I think for Eden now is the right moment to start the game and try to play the whole game. He is ready to start.“I think we have managed his situation very well. In my career I was injured a lot of times and I have a bit of experience about this situation.” Young duo might also playEmbed from Getty ImagesConte also indicated that Kenedy and Charly Musonda could also feature in the game at Stamford Bridge.Kenedy has not played this term, having been sent home from Chelsea’s pre-season tour of the Far East for posting an offensive message about China on social media during the squad’s stay there.“For sure tomorrow it could be a good opportunity for Musonda and for Kenedy,” Conte said.“He knows very well what happened in China. He made a mistake but I think everyone in life makes mistakes.“Now he is focused and working very well. He understands his mistake and he is ready to play.”Conte added that he believes Musonda is capable of making an impact at first-team level.Midfielder Musonda, 20, is in line for only his second senior appearance for the Blues.Conte said: “We are talking about a young player with a really good prospect, because you can see very clearly his talent.“Now he is working a lot to improve his strength and to be ready to make a big impact.“I trust Charly. It is important for a coach to trust a player.” Bees cup defeatYoann Barbet missed a penalty as Brentford’s involvement in the Carabao Cup came to an abrupt end. Mario Vrancic scored with a penalty and a free-kick and Josh Murphy scored Norwich’s other goal as they won 3-1 at Griffin Park, where Josh Clarke netted a late consolation for the home side.Youngsters Chris Mepham and Theo Archibald made their first-team debuts for the Bees. Boost for QPRJosh Scowen has returned to training and looks certain to be available for QPR’s game against Burton on Saturday.The midfielder, who has impressed since arriving from Barnsley in the summer, missed Saturday’s defeat at Middlesbrough after picking up a knock in last week’s game against Millwall.So too did Conor Washington, who has also trained and looks likely to return to the squad for this weekend’s match.Luke Freeman picked up a knock towards the end of the Boro game but is expected to be available against Burton.The news is a boost for Rangers given their recent injury problems.Captain Nedum Onuoha might be out for four months with a torn hamstring, while fellow defenders Grant Hall, James Perch, Joel Lynch and Steven Caulker have also been unavailable. Roland-Jones inspires MiddlesexToby Roland-Jones was Middlesex’s hero with both bat and ball but limped out of the action late on during an action-packed opening day at Lord’s.The England paceman first dug his side out of trouble, hitting 53 and sharing an eighth-wicket stand of 102 with Ollie Rayner (52 not out), as Middlesex recovered from 89-7.He then took 2-30, removing Haseeb Hameed and Shivnarine Chanderpaul, to help reduced Lancashire to 113-5 as 15 wickets fell inside 96 overs.last_img